William & Mary, J.D.
William & Mary, Bachelor of Business Administration, magna cum laude.
Bar & Court Admissions
Emilie A. Sickles
Emilie A. Sickles is an associate in Linowes and Blocher’s Bethesda office and a member of the firm’s Real Estate Transactions Practice. Emilie concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial real estate lending and leasing, and has significant experience representing entities involved in complex development projects throughout the central East Coast region.
On the lending side, Emilie represents lenders in financing and refinancing transactions, drafting and negotiating secured financing agreements, reviewing title and loan documents, and coordinating all aspects of closings. With respect to leasing transactions, Emilie represents both landlords and tenants in commercial real estate leases, subleases, amendments, and other negotiated agreements. She has worked on transactions with governmental and nonprofit entities; projects involving highly specialized medical and educational build-outs; and lease negotiations for industrial, office, retail, and mixed-use buildings.
With a strong background in product development and East Asian manufacturing, and having previously served as in-house counsel to a major Baltimore-area real estate development firm, Emilie has a fundamental understanding of negotiation strategies and a solid appreciation for the challenges, both legal and operational, that face commercial developers.
- Leasing of retail and office space in a revitalized historic factory in Charleston, South Carolina
- Assisted in the representation of institutional healthcare provider in 175,000 rentable square foot lease in Lanham, Maryland
- Assisted in the representation of institutional healthcare provider in 40,000 rentable square foot medical office lease in Alexandria, Virginia
- Assisted in the representation of institutional healthcare provider in 40,000 rentable square foot medical office lease in Stafford, Virginia
- Assisted in the landlord representation of lease for tribal entity in newly renovated first-class office building in Crystal City, Virginia
- Linowes and Blocher LLP, Associate, 2016–present
- St. John Properties, Inc., In-House Counsel, 2015–2016
- Gallagher Evelius & Jones, LLP, Associate, 2014
- “Norfolk’s Flooding Adaption Measures: Taking Lawful Precautions or ‘Takings’ Lawsuits?”2013(Research Paper, Va. Coastal Pol’y Clinic)
- “Shaping California’s Prisons: How the Alternative Custody Program, Designed to Remedy the State’s Eighth Amendment Violations in the Prison System, Encroaches on Equal Protection”2012William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal