Catholic University, J.D., 2006
Loyola University, B.S., 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
R. Alex DuFour, II
Alex DuFour is a partner in the Real Estate Transactions Practice Group in the Bethesda office and is a member of the Firm's Management Committee. Mr. DuFour advises clients on all aspects of commercial real estate acquisitions, sales, financing and development, including entity structuring, due diligence analysis, document preparation and negotiation, and closing. Clients include public and private owners, investors, funds and developers of all asset types as well as lenders in connection with regional real estate-secured financing transactions. Mr. DuFour also has significant experience in other aspects of commercial real estate including public private partnerships and master and special servicing.
Representation of private developer in connection with a $172,000,000 loan secured by an office complex in Montgomery County, Maryland leased to the GSA.
Representation of private developer in connection with the $100,000,000 acquisition of a former auto dealership in Northern Virginia and the $65,000,000 construction loan for the purpose of redevelopment into a mixed use project consisting of multifamily, townhome, and retail uses.
Representation of a real estate private equity fund in connection with the $76,500,000 refinancing of a medical office facility in Frederick, Maryland.
Representation of a publicly traded REIT in connection with the $69,000,000 refinancing of an office building in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Representation of private developer in connection with construction financing in the amount of $47,000,000 to build multi-family housing in Prince George’s County, Maryland.
Representation of a private developer in connection with a $41,000,000 first trust loan from RBS Citizens and a $5,000,000 second trust loan from Montgomery County, Maryland for the development and construction of class-A multi-family project in Wheaton, Maryland.
Representation of a lender in connection with $26,000,000 construction loan for a class-A multi-family project in Washington, DC.
Representation of a lender in connection with a $21,000,000 construction loan for the rehabilitation of a historic factory in Washington, DC to be converted into mixed office and retail uses.
Representation of a publicly traded REIT in connection with the acquisition of two office buildings in Columbia, Maryland for $16,000,000 and the assumption of existing loans.
Representation of a real estate private equity fund in connection with the purchase of a multi-family apartment complex in Prince George’s County for $15,000,000.
Representation of a private real estate owner in connection with the recapitalization of a multi-jurisdictional medical office portfolio with a life insurance company.
Representation of a real estate private equity fund in connection with a note purchase and subsequent acquisition of a mixed use facility in Durham, North Carolina.
- Linowes and Blocher LLP 2011-Present
- Sutherland Asbill and Brennan LLP 2005-2011
- Bingham McCutchen (law clerk) 2005
- December 10, 2015
- January 16, 2015
- December 17, 2013
- March 28, 2011Press Release
- September 19, 2014
- January 16, 2015
- Past real estate panelist for Catholic Business Network of Montgomery CountyNovember 9, 2012
- Past real estate panelist for Loyola University Maryland Alumni Association of Washington, D.C.November 1, 2012
Affiliations & Community Involvement
- Urban Land Institute, member and multiyear participant in Young Leaders Group
- The Real Estate Group, member
- District of Columbia Builder's Industry Association, member
- NAIOP, member
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Washington, Montgomery County, board member
- Fathers of Daughters Club of Washington DC, Co-Founder and President
- Catholic Charities, Enzler Society – Founding Member
- John Carroll Society, past board member
- Everybody Wins!, Past Reading Tutor at Thompson Elementary School