University of Baltimore Law School, J.D., 1995
Towson University, B.S., 1992
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
Brian D. Bichy
Brian D. Bichy is a partner in the firm’s Condominium and Homeowner Association Practice. He represents condominiums, cooperatives, and homeowners’ associations of various sizes throughout Maryland and the District of Columbia. He also is a leading authority on private water and sewage charges in Maryland.
Brian represents developers in creating residential and mixed-use projects in Maryland and Washington, D.C. In this capacity, he drafts governing documents, easements, restrictive covenants, and other legal instruments, and helps ensure compliance with jurisdictional requirements. He assesses each client’s needs on an individual basis to provide customized, creative solutions for every project and ensures developers have the maximum flexibility to market and develop the project.
For community associations, Brian provides general legal services that assist boards of directors in operational and administrative issues, including drafting amendments and board resolutions, contract review, collecting assessments and review of compliance with the association’s governing documents and applicable local and state laws. He prides himself on adding value for clients, guiding board members toward resolutions, and proactively finding avenues to avoid litigation when possible. Brian has successfully represented community associations in front of the Montgomery County Commission on Common Ownership Communities (CCOC), Maryland State Human Relations Commission, and other administrative bodies and local trial courts in both Maryland and Washington, D.C.
In addition to his experience before the Montgomery County CCOC, Brian also regularly interacts with the District of Columbia’s Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs and Maryland Secretary of State’s office for condominium registration. He is well-versed in the laws and regulations relevant to his practice, including the Maryland Condominium Act, Maryland Homeowners Association Act, D.C. Condominium Act, federal fair housing laws, and deferred water and sewer charges laws in the State of Maryland and Prince George’s, Anne Arundel, and Baltimore counties. He also helps clients create and sell private water and sewer charges in Maryland, and has served as a key witness in litigation over the validity of the private water and sewer declarations and accompanying priority liens.
Brian is an active leader in his field. He has been a featured author for Quorum, the publication of the Washington Metropolitan Chapter of Community Associations Institute. He is co-vice chair of the D.C. Legislative Action Committee, which recently passed amendments to the D.C. Condominium Act, and serves as a member of the Maryland Legislative Committee, where he helps create and monitor local and state legislation affecting community associations. He is also a visible member of his community, serving on the board of the Catholic Youth Organization at his son’s school, St. Jane De Chantal School.
- Prepared condominium documents for Sunset Island Marina Condominium, a marina project in Ocean City, Maryland, consisting of condominium units
- Prepared master homeowners’ association documents, water/sewer declaration, and condominium documents for The Ridges at Landover Metro, a residential project in Landover, Maryland, consisting of townhouses, townhouse condominiums, and 2-over-2 condominiums
- Prepared master homeowners’ association documents and water/sewer declaration for Glenn Dale Crossing, a residential project in Glenn Dale, Maryland, consisting of single-family detached homes, townhouses, and condominiums
- Prepared land condominium documents, master homeowners’ association documents, water/sewer declaration, and condominium documents for The Residences at Wildewood, a residential project in California, Maryland, consisting of condominiums
- March 26, 2014
- December 6, 2013
- September 20, 2013
- March 20, 2013
- September 28, 2012
- September 6, 2012
- June 13, 2012
- August 2, 2011
- April 19, 2011
- July 7, 2010
Affiliations & Community Involvement
D.C. Legislative Action Committee, Vice Chair
Maryland Legislative Committee, Member
Maryland State Bar Association, Member
District of Columbia Bar, Member
Bar Association of Montgomery County, Member
Washington Metropolitan Chapter of Community Associations Institute, Publications Committee and Legislative Committee, Member