University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1976
University of Maryland, B.S., 1973, with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
William M. Hoffman, Jr.
William M. Hoffman, Jr.'s principal areas of practice include commercial title examination, settlement and title insurance in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. His knowledge of title examination and the ever-changing rules of title underwriting, as well his familiarity with the real estate industry in the Washington Metropolitan area, enables him to close many large transactions.
Mr. Hoffman's projects include acquisition, construction financing and permanent loan financing of many major office building, shopping center, multi-family, portfolio, and residential tract acquisitions.
Mr. Hoffman has been a frequent speaker for the Montgomery County Bar Association; the Maryland State Bar Association; and Maryland Institute of Continuing Professional Legal Education.
Downtown Silver Spring
Silver Spring Metro Center
Rockville Metro Center
Vantage Point, East & West and Overlook projects at Leisure World
Fairfax Circle Tower
Honors & Distinctions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated; highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards
- President's Citation Outstanding Service to the Bar presented to William M. Hoffman by the Executive Committee Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- For Distinguished Service -1988 to William M. Hoffman, Jr. presented by the Board of Directors, Maryland Land Title Association, Inc
- Linowes and Blocher LLP, Partner, 1985 - Present; Associate, 1980-1984
- Ritterpusch & Gingell, 1979-1980
- Gingerich and Culpepper, Assistant Corporation Counsel to the City of Takoma Park, 1977-1980
- February 5, 2013
- February 22, 2011
- February 22, 2010
- 2013 Maryland Legislation: Recordation and Transfer Tax Exemptions Expanded for IDOTs and Affiliated Entity TransfersAugust 15, 2013Bloomberg BNA Tax Management Weekly State Tax Report
- September 19, 2014
- June 26, 2013
- April 12, 2013
- May 18, 2012
Affiliations & Community Involvement
Maryland State Bar Association
Montgomery County Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar Association
American Land Title Association