Linowes and Blocher LLP attorneys work with a number of private educational institutions and independent schools to secure special exception (conditional use), subdivision and other development approvals and permits necessary to operate or to construct new improvements. Issues often encountered concern overall master plan and zoning compliance, traffic impacts and circulation, traffic mitigation and management programs and agreements, forest conservation requirements and mitigation agreements, site design and the location of proposed improvements and outdoor activity areas.
Linowes and Blocher LLP land use attorneys work with each applicant and its expert consultants to prepare the applications necessary for each use, to work with reviewing agencies and local communities to resolve any concerns about the applications, and to present each case to the regulatory agency having jurisdiction over its approval. Our attorneys also represent applicants in judicial appeals whenever the validity of administrative decisions are challenged. We also represent educational institutions on a variety of environmental, business and tax matters.
Our work includes:
- Special exception (conditional use) approval
- Coordinating the efforts of civil engineers, architects, environmental consultants, land planners, transportation planners, appraisers, and other consultants
- Forest Conservation variances, agreements and approvals
- Traffic Management Programs and Mitigation Agreements
- Subdivision and other development approvals
- Easement preparation
- Environmental compliance
- Formation and governance of educational institutions
- Establishment of tax exempt status
- Tax exempt bond financing
- Employment and business agreements