University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D.
University of Miami, Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance and Legal Studies
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
Joshua R. Chazen
Joshua R. Chazen is an Associate in Linowes and Blocher’s Bethesda office and a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation/Bankruptcy Practice Group. Concentrating in the areas of real estate law and commercial bankruptcy, he represents clients in a wide range of complex matters and disputes. Josh represents a diverse set of clients, including property owners, developers, creditors, management companies, franchisors, lenders, trusts, and other commercial entities.
Josh is admitted to practice in Maryland and Washington, D.C., as well as the Federal District Courts in both jurisdictions. Before joining Linowes and Blocher, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable David A. Boynton in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County. He also previously held an associate position with another Maryland-based firm, where he concentrated his practice in civil litigation and alcohol licensing.
Josh has taken an active role in the local community, establishing valuable relationships in Montgomery County’s real estate and financial industries. He also serves as a volunteer coach for the University of Maryland School of Law’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Team, which he led, as a law student, to its first regional championship and first-ever national championships appearance in the ABA Negotiation Competition.
Honors & Distinctions
- Selected as a Rising Star by Maryland Super Lawyers, 2019
- Linowes and Blocher LLP, Associate, 2017–present
- Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Law Clerk to the Honorable David A. Boynton, 2015–2016
- Meyers, Rodbell, and Rosenbaum, P.A., Associate, 2014–2015
- “Electronic Privacy Information Center v. National Security Agency: How Glomar Responses Benefit Businesses and Provide an Epic Blow to Individuals”20149 J. Bus. & Tech. L. 315
Affiliations & Community Involvement
District of Columbia Bar Association, Member
Maryland State Bar Association, Member
Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
University of Maryland School of Law Alternative Dispute Resolution Team, Volunteer Coach