George Washington University School of Law, J.D. with honors
Tulane, Bachelor of Science in Management, Finance
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
Matthew M. Gordon
Matthew M. Gordon is an associate in the firm’s Land Use/Zoning Practice. He represents clients in all aspects of the approval and entitlement processes, from pre-project due diligence to public hearings and agency relations.
Matthew joined Linowes and Blocher from the Prince George’s County Office of Law and previously served as lead legal advisor to the Prince George’s County Department of Permitting, Inspections, and Enforcement. He brings significant government experience and helps clients navigate the complex regulatory issues involved in developing real estate in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. He has worked on a variety of residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional projects, and has particular experience in the area of multi-family properties.
Matthew routinely represents clients before the Montgomery County and Prince George’s Planning Boards, Montgomery and Prince George’s County Councils, and regulatory agencies in these jurisdictions. He also relies on relationships forged during his time in the public sector and through his deep roots in the Montgomery County community to advocate for his clients, both within and outside the regulatory environment.
Matthew is a lifelong Montgomery County resident. He is admitted to practice in the Maryland state courts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Assisted with obtaining concurrent Planning Board approval of Sketch, Site and Preliminary Plan applications for the Marriott International Headquarters project, a mixed-use redevelopment that will include approximately 1 million square feet of office and hotel uses in Downtown Bethesda.
- Helped with obtaining combined Planning Board approval of Sketch, Site and Preliminary Plan applications for the Avocet Tower, a mixed-use project that will include redevelopment of the old Bethesda Police Station with a trophy office building and hotel along the Wisconsin Avenue Corridor in Bethesda.
- Linowes and Blocher LLP, Associate, 2015–present
- Prince George's County Office of Law, Associate County Attorney, 2012–2015
- Wortman & Nemeroff, P.A., Associate, 2011–2012
Affiliations & Community Involvement
The Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, 2017-2018
- Co-Chair, Real Estate Committee, 2016-Present
Bethesda Downtown Implementation Advisory Committee
- Property owner/business owner representative, 2017-2021