George Washington University School of Law, J.D. with honors
Tulane, Bachelor of Science in Management, Finance
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
Matthew M. Gordon
Matthew M. Gordon is an associate in the firm’s Land Use/Zoning Practice. He represents clients in all aspects of the approval and entitlement processes, from pre-project due diligence to public hearings and agency relations.
Matthew joined Linowes and Blocher from the Prince George’s County Office of Law and previously served as lead legal advisor to the Prince George’s County Department of Permitting, Inspections, and Enforcement. He brings significant government experience and helps clients navigate the complex regulatory issues involved in developing real estate in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. He has worked on a variety of residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional projects, and has particular experience in the area of multi-family properties.
Matt routinely represents clients before the Montgomery County and Prince George’s Planning Boards, Montgomery and Prince George’s County Councils, and regulatory agencies in these jurisdictions. He also relies on relationships forged during his time in the public sector and through his deep roots in the Montgomery County community to advocate for his clients, both within and outside the regulatory environment.
Matt is a lifelong Montgomery County resident. He is admitted to practice in the Maryland state courts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Assisted with obtaining concurrent Planning Board approval of Sketch, Site and Preliminary Plan applications for the Marriott International Headquarters project, a mixed-use redevelopment that will include approximately 1 million square feet of office and hotel uses in Downtown Bethesda.
- Helped with obtaining combined Planning Board approval of Sketch, Site and Preliminary Plan applications for the Avocet Tower, a mixed-use project that will include redevelopment of the old Bethesda Police Station with a trophy office building and hotel along the Wisconsin Avenue Corridor in Bethesda.
- Assisted with obtaining all optional method land use and zoning approvals for 8280 Wisconsin Avenue, a future research and development office building at the intersection of Wisconsin Avenue and Battery Lane in Bethesda.
- Helped with the land use and zoning representation for 7607 Old Georgetown Road, a future high-rise apartment building with ground-floor retail approved in the Bethesda Central Business District.
- Assisted with obtaining approval of a detailed site plan amendment for Kaiser Permanente's Largo facility.
- Helped with obtaining approval of a detailed site plan amendment for Kaiser Permanente’s future Bowie facility.
- Helped obtain a special permit approval for a religious institution seeking to adaptively reuse a former school in Hyattsville.
- Assisted with obtaining detailed site plan and special permit approvals for an expansion to an assisted living facility in Hyattsville.
- Linowes and Blocher LLP, Associate, 2015–present
- Prince George's County Office of Law, Associate County Attorney, 2012–2015
- Wortman & Nemeroff, P.A., Associate, 2011–2012
- August 28, 2019
- January 28, 2019
- Zoning Rewrite Will Have Significant Effect on All Properties in Prince George’s County ~ Public Testimony Taken May through July 2018April 27, 2018
- Prince George's County Draft Zoning Ordinance Released; Public Comments Due to Planning Department by December 15, 2017October 18, 2017
Affiliations & Community Involvement
The Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce
- Vice President, Economic Development, 2018-Present
- Member, Board of Directors, 2017-2019
- Co-Chair, Real Estate Committee, 2016-2018
Bethesda Downtown Implementation Advisory Committee
- Property owner/business owner representative, 2017-2021