- The Honorable Glenn T. Harrell, The Court of Appeals of Maryland
University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Certificate of Concentration in Environmental Law
Towson University, M.S. Environmental Science
Virginia Tech, B.S. Environmental Science
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- District of Columbia
Megan M. Roberts-Satinsky
Megan Roberts-Satinsky is an associate in the firm’s Environmental, Land Use, and Litigation Practices. She combines legal analysis with a strong scientific background to provide value to her clients. Megan counsels developers, builders, and residential and commercial property owners on environmental law, land use entitlements, regulatory compliance, permitting, transactional due diligence, and litigation in Maryland and Washington, D.C. She takes a thorough and adaptable approach to her counsel, ensuring that clients understand the pros and cons of the various options available to them.
Megan’s environmental practice includes transactional due diligence for contaminated properties and brownfields redevelopment in Maryland and the District of Columbia. She assists clients with pursuing approvals under voluntary cleanup programs. Megan has represented property owners in lead paint enforcement actions. Her experience also includes handling natural resources issues such as wetlands, forests, Critical Area, and endangered species. Megan’s land use practice involves obtaining approvals for clients on a variety of matters including special exceptions, variances, rezonings, non-conforming use registration, and administrative appeals. In litigation matters, she has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in environmental and real estate matters before both Maryland and federal courts.
Before joining Linowes and Blocher, Megan worked as a senior environmental scientist for a consulting firm for more than a decade, earning comprehensive experience in the environmental aspects of transportation engineering, infrastructure, and other development activities. Her experience included conducting wetland delineation and mitigation, stream restoration, habitat evaluations for protected species, and a wide range of chemical and biological water quality analyses. She also gained an in-depth view into how agencies such as the Maryland Department of the Environment, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency approach the permitting process, allowing her to identify potential roadblocks and take preemptive measures to avoid delays and disruptions to client matters.
Building on her technical qualifications, Megan completed a Certificate in Environmental Law while earning a degree, magna cum laude, at the University of Maryland School of Law. Her background enables her to grasp both legal and technical issues with proficiency and communicate with a wide diversity of stakeholders and decision-makers, including environmental consultants, scientists, engineers, judges, and hearing officers.
Megan takes a leadership role in her industry, serving on the Environmental Law Section Council of the Maryland State Bar Association and publishing authoritative articles in the field. She is dedicated to applying her professional skills to worthy causes, including working as an Assigned Public Defender for criminal appeals cases and performing other pro bono services.
- Negotiated and drafted a reimbursement agreement with a responsible party to recapture the marginal additional costs to redevelop a contaminated property
- Successfully defended a controversial Critical Area variance in the Circuit Court
- Obtained special exception approval for a controversial assisted living facility
- Defended commercial client in property boundary dispute
- Represented residential, commercial, and industrial property owners on wide variety of riparian rights, pier, and Critical Area issues
- Represented commercial property owners through land use approval process
Honors & Distinctions
- Selected as a Rising Star by Maryland Super Lawyers, 2019
- Linowes and Blocher, LLP, Associate, 2013- Present
- Venable LLP, Associate, 2012-2013
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable Glenn T. Harrell, Jr., Court of Appeals of Maryland, 2011-2012
- Coastal Resources, Inc., Senior Environmental Scientist, 2001 - 2011
- December 2018
- Goldsmith & Roberts-Satinsky Author Article: Zoning and the “Sorting Hat”: Why We Curse Special ExceptionsNovember/December 2018Maryland Bar Journal
Affiliations & Community Involvement
American Bar Association, Section on Environment, Energy, and Resources
Maryland State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section Council Member
Maryland Building Industry Association, Environmental Committee
Anne Arundel County Bar Association
Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors and Environmental Committee Chairperson