Harvard Law School, LL.B., 1964
Holy Cross College, B.A., 1958, with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
It is with deep sadness that we inform you of the loss of Myles Hannan, a long-standing and valued member of the Linowes and Blocher family. Myles passed away on January 4th. His mark on commercial leasing and real estate transactions in Maryland, and surrounding areas, over the last several decades will have lasting imprints. Myles will be greatly missed and remembered for his commitment to the Firm, his impact on the community, and his devotion to family. Our thoughts and prayers are with Myles' family.
An experienced real estate lawyer with a strong background in finance, Myles Hannan's extensive involvement in commercial leasing and in other complex real estate transactions enables him to counsel clients on a wide range of real estate related matters.
Following graduation from law school, Mr. Hannan was associated for five years with Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft in New York City. His subsequent experience before returning to the private practice of law in 1992 included serving as Chief Legal Officer of three New York Stock Exchange-listed companies in diverse industries and as Chief Lending Officer of a major financial institution.
Leasing counsel to investment adviser to several large pension funds.
Leasing counsel to major developers engaged in shopping center and office building development.
National leasing counsel to Fortune 100 corporation for all of its space requirements.
Honors & Distinctions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™, the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards
- Listed in Who's Who in America, Who's Who in American Law and Who's Who in Finance and Industry
- Linowes and Blocher LLP, Senior Counsel, 2007 - Present; Partner, 1999-2006; Of Counsel, 1992-1998
- Berkeley Group, Inc., Administrative Vice President and General Counsel,1990-1991
- Empire of America Federal Savings Bank, Executive Vice President,1984-1989
- Anacomp, Inc., Vice President-Finance, General Counsel and Secretary,1981-1984
- Delaware North Companies Incorporated, Group Vice President, Law and Administration, 1979-1981
- The Stop & Shop Companies Inc., Vice President - Legal and Real Estate, 1973-1979
- High Voltage Engineering Corporation, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, 1969-1973
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, Associate Attorney, 1964-1969
- U.S. Navy, Lieutenant, 1958-1961
- May 1, 2008ALM Law Journal Newsletters
Affiliations & Community Involvement
Empire of America Realty Credit Corporation, Payment and Transfer Systems, Inc., Past Director
The Wentworth Institute in Boston, Past Director
The Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, Past Director
Studio Arena Theatre, Past Director