- Honorable Victor J. Wolski, United States Court of Federal Claims
- Honorable Lawrence J. Block, United States Court of Federal Claims
New York University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007
University of Virginia, B.A., with distinction, 2004
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Scott A. Killian
Scott A. Killian is an associate in the firm’s Real Estate Transactions Practice. With prior experience at two large international law firms and two clerkships with the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Scott brings a wealth of experience in the areas of sophisticated transactions and complex legal disputes.
Scott’s clients include developers, commercial landlords and tenants, institutional investors, joint ventures, lenders, and other parties to complex real estate transactions. While focusing his practice in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., Scott has also served as lead counsel working in conjunction with local counsel on transactions in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. He routinely advises clients on purchase and sale agreements, loan documents, leases, property management agreements, and a wide range of other real estate contracts. Scott’s experience at Linowes and Blocher, and in his prior positions, also includes representing clients in loan originations, assignments and assumptions of mortgage loans, structured finance and mezzanine finance transactions, receiverships, and foreclosure actions in Maryland and Virginia. With his prior litigation experience, Scott is adept at identifying issues during contract negotiations that have the potential to lead to costly disputes.
A graduate of the University of Virginia (UVA), Scott regularly attends private events with UVA’s Greater Washington Regional Board. He is also active in the DC Real Estate Group and the Urban Land Institute’s mentorship program.
- Represented developer in connection with $143,000,000 sale of a residential/retail mixed-use project, including negotiating an arts-space lease with a local university
- Represented landlord in multi-floor office lease negotiation with building’s primary tenant
- Represented equity fund and joint venture in acquisition and conversion of stockyard into a mixed-use office/retail complex
- Represented equity fund in the sale of a three-phase residential project for $187,000,000
- Represented equity fund in the negotiation of a joint venture with the purpose of making bridge loans
- Represented developer in relation to the demolition of a fast food restaurant and construction of a residential/retail mixed-use project, including negotiating two joint venture agreements, a construction loan, and an EB-5 component
- Linowes and Blocher LLP, Associate, 2014–present
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP, Associate, 2011–2014
- United States Court of Federal Claims, Law Clerk to the Honorable Victor J. Wolski, 2010–2011
- United States Court of Federal Claims, Law Clerk to the Honorable Lawrence J. Block, 2010 Dechert LLP, Associate, 2007–2009