Our firm is active in representing the many types of technology companies that do business in the greater Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area in all aspects of their formation, operation, financing, and exit strategies. We assist them in protecting their intellectual property through licensing agreements and other contractual arrangements, as well as handling all types of business transactions for these companies. Further, we assist technology companies in leasing or acquiring office and laboratory space and in obtaining entitlements to develop such facilities.
Our representation of technology companies includes:
- Entity formation, governance and structure
- Federal and state income tax issues
- Financing arrangements, including venture capital and private placements
- Employment agreements, employee invention agreements and non-compete agreements
- Stock Option and other employee incentive plans
- Regulatory approvals